Records Management (RM) is the creation, maintenance, use, and disposal of records for efficient business practices and regulatory compliance. RM best practices ensure that records are retained and kept as required, stored correctly, accessed as needed, and disposed according to policy.
The University creates, gathers, and maintains operational and historic records of its activities in compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations as well as University policy. The University of California Records Management Program encapsulates policy and provides guidelines for best practice lifecycle management of University records.
- Compliant creation, organization of, and access to records
- Compliant records and information security and privacy
- Protection of records vital to the University
- Preservation of records of historical importance
- Secure, compliant records destruction
- Best Practice Information Governance